Volunteering - Volunteers Needed
As you may or may not know Bayview’s main fundraiser is our annual Silent Auction. This evening, adults-only (limited child care spaces available) event is one of the highlights of the school year.
This year, we need your help to make this event a success by volunteering to secure donations of items or services for auction.
Do you or someone you know own or work for a local business?
Do you have a favourite restaurant/hair salon/gym/kids activity centre?
Would you be willing to “cold call” visit some businesses who have made donations in the past?
Would you like to meet some like-minded parents and have some fun while contributing to Bayview school?
We need volunteers to make the Silent Auction a success! Every effort, large and small, is greatly appreciated.
Last year’s “Bayview Goes Bollywood” evening was a sold-out success and raised over $21,000 in a single evening.
This year Bayview is heading to Brazil for “Carnivale” on February 19, 2016.
Funds raised will be used to:
- purchase iPads for our classrooms
- increase the supply of playground equipment (balls, skipping ropes, storage bins) and rainy-day activities
- meet a host of other needs to maintain an enriching and vibrant environment for our children
In order to make all of the above possible we need volunteers to solicit donations of goods and services from our neighbourhood businesses.
- There is alwasy a need for volunteers at Bayview. Stay tuned for coming events like the Howl (lots of ways to contribute there), the annual silent auction, help your teacher in the classroom or be a class representative, and many more opportunities throughout the year.
- Come to PAC meetings - it is open for everyone and you get to really know what is going on.